April 04, 2022|
Job ID: 20122
We have a great opportunity for an available role of Assistant Underwriter required for an Underwriting Agent based in Sandyford, Dublin.
The Assistant Underwriter is responsible for the day to day application of underwriting strategies, policies and procedures. Role modelling company values, youll deliver a professional, accurate and efficient underwriting service to our network of approved brokers, whilst supporting the Underwriting Leadership team in the development and implementation of effective underwriting strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Professional management of own underwriting caseload including:
- Receiving, investigating and assessing underwriting referrals in accordance with defined underwriting strategy
- Making timely and accurate decisions, acting at all times within your underwriting authority
- Communicating decisions and risk appetite to brokers in a professional, knowledgeable and courteous manner
- Completing tasks associated with the administration of the underwriting account
- Supporting, implementing and adherence to internal technical, operational and compliance procedures and practices
- Contributing to broker audits and peer review processes to support the maintenance of an effective control environment
- Identification and implementation of operational excellence to ensure maximum trading efficiency is always achieved
- Contributing to the development and implementation of new and / or enhanced products and customer propositions from concept to launch.
- Team Player
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Organised and methodical
- Curious and analytical
- Good risk perception skills
- Able to balance achieving results whilst delivering great customer service
- Preferably CIP (or willing to undertake relevant Insurance exams)
- Excel knowledge
- Training and development: Paid insurance exams, reward for successful completion of exams, paid professional membership fee, study leave.
- Bike to Work.
- Death in service benefit: Upon completion of probationary period.
- Income protection: Upon completion of probationary period.
If you wish to apply please contact us at andrew@edenrecruitment or APPLY NOW.