March 03, 2023|
Job ID: 20633
Buyer required for our client who is a growing international lighting company. This role will be based in Dublin 12.
Hybrid working model will be introduced once probation period is passed.
This role is to manage the stockholding for a portfolio of suppliers to ensure out of stock and excess stock targets are met in a cost-effective manner.
- Forecasting and ordering a specific set of products to ensure that a specific inventory level is achieved and maintained.
- Managing open orders with suppliers to ensure there is always sufficient stock on hand to satisfy customer demand.
- Minimizing Excess Stock levels.
- Monitoring stock levels within Dublin & UK hub warehouses to ensure optimum stock coverage is achieved in both area.
- Monitoring supplier lead-times and performance and taking corrective action where necessary.
- Dealing with enquiries from the sales teams with regards to large orders and stock availability dates.
- Generation of specific reports and administrative tasks outlined by the Purchasing Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential skills & attributes:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Pride in their quality and presentation of work.
- Have proven numeracy skills.
- Demonstrate good analytical skills.
- Commercially aware.
- Well organized with excellent attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency.
- Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience in dealing with stockholding and inventory management.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Adaptable and solutions driven.
- Motivation and drive, with a positive can-do attitude.
- Result oriented.
- Self-confident and assertive.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- Have a valid work permit / visa to work in Ireland (if required).
- Work experience in either Ireland or abroad.
- Experience of dealing with Asian Suppliers.
- Experience in freight and logistics.
- Negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in SAP Business One.
Have you got experience in a similar role and looking for a new career? Send your CV to
About Eden Recruitment
Founded in 1999, Eden Recruitment has been a continual shining star in the Irish recruitment landscape. We believe in the power of relationships and have partnered with the brightest and best Irish and multinational companies, helping them find the brightest and best talent for their organizations. Headquartered in Dublin and wholly Irish owned and managed, we _______.
Other Jobs you might like…
Systems Executive Our client is one of Ireland's largest companies directly employing over 10,000 people through its national network...
PermanentSenior Claims Handler
Sandyford, Dublin 18
Senior Claims Handler required for an Underwriting Agent based in Sandyford. This is a crucial role in our customer...
PermanentTrainee Claims Handler
We have a great opportunity for an available role of Trainee Claims Handler required for an Underwriting Agent based...