Desktop L1 engineer
Fixed Term Contract|
June 06, 2022|
Job ID: 20231
We have a great opportunity for the position of Desktop L1 Engineer in Killorgin, Kerry. This is an Irish owned independent IT solutions provider operating primarily in commercial, financial and state organizations. This role is an On-Site based and is a Full Time 1 Year Rolling Contract.
Base Skill Set
Base Skill Set
- Microsoft certified System Administrator in XP/WIN 7/Win 10 (certified engineers is not mandatory skillset requirement, its preferred. Candidate having professional desktop support environment experience will suffice the requirement and if the required knowledge is demonstrated by them).
- Experience supporting HP, Canon and Xerox printers Good working knowledge of Active Directory providing technical support in a fast paced and constantly changing environment up to executive management level.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills including providing VIP support Experience supporting large Windows-based environments to desktop level with emphasis on Win 7 OS / office 2010 as well as Win 10 and O365 Support video conferencing units. Support of mobile devices Hands and feet support for Server, Storage, Backup & Network equipment Experience in troubleshooting basic application issues, and also deeper diagnosis under direction from remote teams
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting desktop system, printer and operating problems and understanding printer Fonts
- Consulting and instructing users on hardware and software questions/issues
- Consulting and instructing users on hardware and software questions/issues Collaborate with other IT Services Data Center and Network Infrastructure teams
- Install, maintain and upgrade equipment and its associated infrastructure.
- Run diagnostic tests to isolate system problems as well as proactive activities
- MS Office (Windows and Mac) software.Details will be agreed during Transition Experience with Remote Support technologies such as Remote Desktop (Microsoft), Apple Remote Desktop, VNC.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills with proven ability to work in fast paced environments
- Commercial experience in an IT support technician role that includes 2+ years of technical support experience in a hybrid Windows and MAC environment
- Experience in working with a helpdesk operations, to include Windows and Mac clients Hands on experience and in-depth knowledge of Macintosh technologies Windows +
- Experience with mobile applications/products including: iPhone, iPad, and Android platforms
- Expertise in iPad / iPhone Self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team Proven attention to detail and high standards for quality
- Excellent organizational/administrative/technical skills with agility to reprioritize as necessary Skilled in documenting written troubleshooting steps and instructions
If you wish to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or APPLY NOW.