May 05, 2023|
Job ID: 20781
Are you an EHS Professional looking for your next challenge in the Lifesciences Sector?
Our client a leading Medical Device Manufacturer with over 30 years of outstanding operational performance and customer services are looking to attract an Environmental Health & Safety Lead for their Business. This is an FDA registered facility that is also certified to ISO 13485:2016 for the manufacture of high-quality PCBAs, subassemblies and complete devices up to and including Class III medical devices.
- Implementing and supporting the Environmental, Health and Safety Management system in the plant. Ensuring all operations are compliant with all the legislation to domestic and European regulations.
- Co-ordinate EHS activities in the facility to ensure continued compliance to environmental, health and safety management system.
- Work closely with the Management Team to set EHS objectives and targets. To continually review Environmental, Health & Safety Policies and Safety Statement with a view to supporting & recommending to the Company revisions/amendments as appropriate.
- Manage the risk assessment review process and support team leaders to develop improvement programs to reduce risks. Conducting accident investigations and recommending appropriate actions. Monitoring adherence to the stated policy through the conduct of Safety Audits and inspections as appropriate with a view to improving the overall standard and quality of the safety system.
- Develop accident reduction and prevention programmes, which ensure compliance with the continuous improvement element of the H&S policy.
- Design, Plan, conduct and/or co-ordinate appropriate Environmental, Health and safety training programs in line with existing training function.
- Guiding the implementation of safety policy through awareness and implementation of good management safety practices
- Monitor EHS performance and feedback information to Management and Environmental Committee and Safety Committee through regular meetings.
- Manage aspect and impact register, setting environmental objectives, targets, and programmes.
- Ensure compliance with in-house procedures, corporate procedures, and legislation for both Environmental and Health and Safety
- Work closely with the Manufacturing Engineering Team to ensure that new design and line changes are compliant with H&S requirements.
- Complete contractor initial induction programme for all new contractors working on site and work with the training department to ensure co-ordination & compliance of safety training.
- Liaise with all operational management regarding the production of SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) to cover all safety requirements.
- Minimum NQF Level 7 Diploma/Degree in Health and Safety or Environmental Science with ideally three to four years experience in the Lifesciences Sector or other highly regulated environments.
- Candidate must be capable of developing the environmental, health and safety role within the existing management structure & driving change processes.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills a must with an ability to interact with stakeholders across a business.
- An ambitious, highly driven EHS professional who is looking to further develop their career is require for this opportunity.
For further information and confidential discussion on this EHS role in Cork please contact Helga Reeves on 086 1278837 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our Eden Recruitment website - Please Note: Eden Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior consent.
About Eden Recruitment
Founded in 1999, Eden Recruitment has been a continual shining star in the Irish recruitment landscape. We believe in the power of relationships and have partnered with the brightest and best Irish and multinational companies, helping them find the brightest and best talent for their organizations. Headquartered in Dublin and wholly Irish owned and managed, we _______.
Other Jobs you might like…
Systems Executive Our client is one of Ireland's largest companies directly employing over 10,000 people through its national network...
PermanentSenior Claims Handler
Sandyford, Dublin 18
Senior Claims Handler required for an Underwriting Agent based in Sandyford. This is a crucial role in our customer claims...
PermanentTrainee Claims Handler
We have a great opportunity for an available role of Trainee Claims Handler required for an Underwriting Agent based...