July 07, 2022|
Job ID: 20261
- To clean all communal areas and external grounds on a daily basis to include sweeping, mopping, or vacuuming.
- To clean communal windows, glass panels and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaning materials.
- To manage supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- To be responsible for low level electrical maintenance, including PAT testing. To carry out health and safety checks including weekly fire alarms checks and legionella testing.
- Painting including interior blocks, doors, gates and any other areas as necessary.
- To take pride in the look and feel of the property ensuring that it is up to standard.
- To take on a concierge and out of hours rota service, assisting residents where you can.
- To assist the Manager with key tasks during the summer turnaround period (which may include deep cleaning of student rooms), ensuring that the building is ready for the new intake.
- To provide an out of hours concierge service to our residents, assisting with arrivals/departures throughout the year.
- Ensuring arrangements are in place for the removal of refuse. To make sure that refuse area is kept clean this includes the surrounding areas (courtyard and car park).
- To ensure that the bin stores are tidy and that the bins are rotated so that they are accessible to all residents.
- To manage the stock (light bulbs, screwdrivers, fire equipment) and to advise the General Manager when items need to be replenished.
- Maintaining arrangements for security and safety including inspecting fire fighting equipment and detectors. To escalate any issues to the Manager.
- To ensure sufficient handover at the end of each shift, so that the incoming Facilities Assistant is aware of any outstanding issues.
- To keep an up to date log of all events and incidents to ensure sufficient handover to colleagues.
- Carrying out first line maintenance and assisting specialist contractors when required.
- To complete repairs in line with the service level agreement for the company
- Assisting with the distribution of mail for all residents.
- To manage and monitor any inappropriate parking on site
- To monitor the CCTV system, reporting any irregularities to the General Manager or external agencies.
- Other duties as directed by the Manager
Great people: Customers first:
- Friendly and approachable
- Responsive to all queries
- Can do attitude to
- Influencing skills and a professional
- A Relevant trade (carpentry, electrician, approach plumbing etc.), although attitude and
- Student accommodation experience aptitude are more important
- Customer service experience
- Able to communicate effectively with
- Willingness to go the extra mile people at all levels (orally and in writing).
- Basic CRB Disclosure
- Good problem solving skills / ability to use own initiative
This role might suit someone who is friendly, reliable, has great attention to detail and is good with their hands perhaps you have worked in a factory or on a building site and are looking for a change. It would be great if you have a trade, but someone with the right attitude is far more important. The job is on a shift basis and involves cleaning, as well as minor maintenance duties so please be ready for this when you apply.
Late nights and weekends may be required.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org