November 11, 2022|
Job ID: 20449
Finding the right Company that aligns to your Career Aspirations and Values is hugely important, it is worth investing the time to getting it right. This Financial Controller opportunity with my Client a leading Logistics Provider in Monaghan will offer a significant opportunity for someone looking to grow and develop their career in a dynamic, environment. This is a replacement role within the business due to the incumbent retiring next year.
Reporting to the CFO and Managing Director, this individual will be responsible for the financial accountability of a £30M turnover operation, and the management of a team of Finance Professionals.
- Manage a team of up to 10 Finance Professionals
- Partner with the CFO and Managing Director to ensure a functional understanding of financial reporting and other KPIs
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow. Ensure all cash is managed, forecasted and reconciled.
- Preparation of weekly financial and KPI reports including Sales and Operating performance.
- Assistance in the preparation of books and files for audit and declaration of VAT and payroll taxes, including compliance with payment deadlines.
- Identification of areas where value can be added including revenue and cost opportunities.
- Oversee both Accounts Payable and Receivable functions
- Payroll - Highlighting/ generating reports to ensure accuracy and the identification of areas for improvement. Processing payroll and ensuring that payment is conducted in an effective and efficient manner.
- Loss prevention Audit of key cost areas such as shipping, payroll, asset (fleet of trucks and trailers) management, etc.
- Pro-active contribution to the overall business management with a particular emphasis on the optimisation of fleet efficiency and route optimisation.
- Provide guidance and training to colleagues on finance procedures including purchasing, debt collection, cost control, etc. to ensure strict adherence to financial controls.
- Ensure compliance with all departmental/company procedures and highlighting issues if necessary.
- We are looking for an ambitious, confident and professional individual with strong communication, organisational, analytical and management skills.
- System experience of Sage or equivalent financial reporting system.
- Qualified accountant with 5 years PQE (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate accounting experience, preferably within the logistics or retail sector.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- 3-5 years proven experience in an accountancy role.
For further information and confidential discussion on this Financial Controller role in Monaghan please contact Helga Reeves on 086 1278837 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our Eden Recruitment website - Please Note: Eden Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior consent