MSO- Lending Team
June 06, 2023|
Job ID: 20836
The primary role of the team is to deal with the underwriting, processing and approval / referral of loan applications received from members. The team approves the majority of all applications. Staff from the team constitute the Combined Authority and decide on applications as required by policy. The team also provides support to the Credit Committee and Board of Directors in relation to loan applications and lending related issues .
The main function of the Member Services Officer Lending is to provide support to members of the Team, both administrative and technical. MSO loan approval limit will be assigned by Lending Manager when required / appropriate.
- Promptly dealing with and responding to queries received from members with a courteous, pleasant and professional service via post/phone/email/electronic system.
- Amendments to loan applications to reflect Loans Officers / Committees decisions. Call backs on these decisions
- Loan paperwork matching and recording, call backs, if required
- Administrative support in areas of rescheduling, overdraft and mortgage application assessments
- Approval of loan applications, subject to policy, and as deemed appropriate by Lending Team Management
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient Credit Union
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and confidence to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with challenging calls from, and to members, with confidence, politeness and clarity.
- Ability to work under own initiative with minimal direction.
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets, can prioritise tasks under pressure.
- Willingness to take on new tasks and projects.
Qualifications & Relevant Experience
- The successful candidate will be required to satisfy the minimum competency requirements as et out in the Central Bank Guidelines for the sale of insurance products. (QFA/CUA(Loans)/APA in Loans/Pathways CU Diploma/ACCUP). The Credit Union will provide financial support for the successful candidate to obtain this qualification, if they do not have it currently.
- Good IT Skills
- Excellent administration skills and attention to detail
- 1 to 2 years experience in a similar role would be an advantage
This is an excellent position for the right person with opportunities to learn and develop their career in lending.