Software Development Manager
Software Development Manager
June 06, 2022|
Job ID: 20228
We are currently looking for a standout Software Development Manager who embodies all our clients values: This is a Dublin-based role as our headquarters are in Blanchardstown. However, you would have the flexibility to work under hybrid conditions where you can work from home up to two days of the working week.
As the Software Development Manager, you will work closely with the entire Management Team as well as lead, manage, motivate and inspire our software solutions development team. You will challenge our team to work outside their comfort zones, inspire them to do their best work, and empower each engineer with the support and resources needed to grow and develop. You will provide technical oversight and mentorship as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leading and managing an in-house software solutions team of engineers in our Dublin and overseas offices
- Working with our clients to analyse, develop and deliver technical solutions and software functionality and that meet their business needs
- Reporting projects status, coordinating and liaising with our Project Managers
- Participate in technical, design and product discussions with other business leaders and stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of best practices, code reviews
- Experience influencing software engineering culture and uplifting team standards
- Practical and pragmatic familiarity with moden software development practices such as DevOps, Agile,TDD etc.
- Directing key software architecture and infrastructure decisions
- Aiding in the development of the engineering processes, including standards, documentation, QA processes, build, and configuration management
- A minimum of 5 years experience leading software development and teams
- You must have a track record of delivering large-scale software systems on time
- Strong experience with both back-end and front-end technologies such as but not limited to: VB.Net, SQL, C#, WinForms, ASP.Net, MVC (Desirable)
- Experience in dealing with internal and external stakeholders, with a strong customer orientation
- Ability to handle multiple diverse priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience as a Software Developer progression through the ranks to management (desirable)
- Knowledge of the Meat Processing industry (highly desirable)
- Spacious and modern office environment (soon to undertake further renovations)
- Full canteen facilities with free tea, coffee, bread, fresh fruit and a vending machine for staff use
- Encouragement, guidance and support for those that want to self-improve and up-skill
- Free car parking
- Team cultural events
- Time in lieu for overtime worked
- Hybrid working model
- Flexible working hours (possible)
- Extra days holiday per year of service
- Finish Early Fridays Finish 90 minutes earlier than you would normally Monday-Thursday
- No meetings Wednesdays
- Refer a friend scheme
- Pension scheme eligible after probation
- Bonus Scheme (negotiated)
We provide the latest versions of all our tools including:
- Visual Studio
- Redgate SQL Tools
If you wish to apply please APPLY NOW or contact us at email@example.com
About Eden Recruitment
Founded in 1999, Eden Recruitment has been a continual shining star in the Irish recruitment landscape. We believe in the power of relationships and have partnered with the brightest and best Irish and multinational companies, helping them find the brightest and best talent for their organizations. Headquartered in Dublin and wholly Irish owned and managed, we _______.
Other Jobs you might like…
Systems Executive Our client is one of Ireland's largest companies directly employing over 10,000 people through its national network...
PermanentSenior Claims Handler
Sandyford, Dublin 18
Senior Claims Handler required for an Underwriting Agent based in Sandyford. This is a crucial role in our customer...
PermanentTrainee Claims Handler
We have a great opportunity for an available role of Trainee Claims Handler required for an Underwriting Agent based...