February 02, 2023|
Job ID: 20591
As the Strategic Assistant to the CEO, you will provide high-level, confidential project and administrative support. You will operate as a critical support function to the CEO and will become intrinsically involved in a wide range of tasks, projects and broad research to inform overall organisational decision-making. You will brief on key projects and meeting, create efficiencies, eliminate roadblocks, and support the CEO with their general communications, calendar and inbox management.
- Monitoring and awareness of issues that affect company stakeholders on a regular basis both within Irish football and our wider partnerships (local, national and international)
- Take an active role in fostering internal and external relationships that can present opportunities for the Association (e.g. Government,business sector developments)
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders on protocol matters for events, and ongoing event support
- Conduct research and gather information from across the Association and externally for business reviews or projects on behalf of the CEO, always looking for ways to improve internal efficiencies
- Analyse reports and performance metrics for the Association in close collaboration with the Strategy Unit
- Produce regular and ad-hoc research papers and reports on the football landscape, including analysis and development of relevant business cases
- Provide high level executive support and co-ordination for the CEO to ensure effective delivery of the company Strategy 2022-2025 and related Business Plans
- Management and oversight of Business Projects on behalf of the CEO
- Develop agendas and research key meetings and track/execute meeting outcomes (and to dos) as required by the CEO
- Review key emails received by the CEO on a daily basis and work with the CEO to agree how to onward manage said correspondence. Draft certain correspondence/email replies, briefing packs, reports and papers including preparation of PowerPoint presentations
Key Skills and Experience
You should demonstrate;
- a proven track record providing executive support to senior leaders
- that you are incredibly organised and administratively inclined
- you are a critical thinker who sees the big picture even while juggling various projects
- you are an adept, solution-focused problem solver who thrives finding solutions to tough challenges
- you have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to anticipate the needs of a busy, diverse CEO
- the ability to work autonomously
- excellent writing and research skills
- Strong knowledge of Irish sports, particularly football and the wider global football landscape
- Strong Business and Commercial acumen
- The ability to communicate with, and present to, senior management and executives
- Advanced Microsoft Office suite skills
- High levels of flexibility and adaptability
Desirable but not essential
- Public affairs experience an advantage
- Project management experience
The successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of Irish sports, particularly football and the wider global football and sports landscape. You should be an extremely strong communicator, both verbally and written and know the importance of discretion and keeping confidence. You should have an ability to build relationships with senior stakeholders and quickly earn and maintain the trust of others. You will be expected to proactively anticipate the needs of the CEO and remain calm and collected under pressure, with good judgement in a diversity of situations.
Are you looking for a new career and to join an amazing organisation? Send your CV to email@example.com
About Eden Recruitment
Founded in 1999, Eden Recruitment has been a continual shining star in the Irish recruitment landscape. We believe in the power of relationships and have partnered with the brightest and best Irish and multinational companies, helping them find the brightest and best talent for their organizations. Headquartered in Dublin and wholly Irish owned and managed, we _______.
Other Jobs you might like…
Systems Executive Our client is one of Ireland's largest companies directly employing over 10,000 people through its national network...
PermanentSenior Claims Handler
Sandyford, Dublin 18
Senior Claims Handler required for an Underwriting Agent based in Sandyford. This is a crucial role in our customer...
PermanentTrainee Claims Handler
We have a great opportunity for an available role of Trainee Claims Handler required for an Underwriting Agent based...