Supply Chain Manager
September 09, 2022|
Job ID: 20387
Working in Supply Chain is in high demand right now. Are you ready for your next career opportunity and new challenge with a dynamic Global Leader in the Life Sciences Sector?.
Our Client is looking to attract a Head of Supply Chain for their operation in Tullamore. Reporting to the Site Director and a key member of the Senior Leadership Team, the successful candidate will have responsibility for the overall materials management procurement and control of materials and equipment, production planning, inventory control, warehouse & distribution and oversee the logistics aspect of the Sterilization Process for the Plant.
- Contribute to management of plant as a key member of the Leadership Team delivering on Plant goals across the Supply Chain Function while also overseeing daily operations across Warehousing, Site Services and the logistics aspect of the Sterilization operation
- Manage the Supply Chain team to establish and operate purchasing, production planning, inventory control, sterilization and warehousing functions within budgeted costs.
- Manage relationships with Medical Segment Commercial leadership functions and individual key stakeholders to establish long term relationships and to develop effective business planning
- Proactively manage issues that may affect the supply and demand of required goods, materials or services and advise relevant individuals of any impact.
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships.
- Management of the Supply Chain team to ensure that they are developed, coached and capable of performing the role designated including performance management.
- Responsibility for total Supply Chain department budget and value of all inventories, along with delivery of KPIs
- Oversee the daily operation of the following functions Warehousing & Shipping,
- Lead the development and operation of the Sterilizer operation to support business needs.
- Adhere to GMP based Quality Systems requirements for medical devices (e.g., MDD, MDR and ISO 13485).
- Liaise with Global Supply Chain and Sales and Marketing and develop net requirements. Plan economic production schedules to reflect customer requirements and develop systems to support same.
- Source and procure materials and supplies of acceptable quality at competitive prices from approved vendors. Approve new vendors, packaging & artwork in line with Company Policy.
- Liaise with Global Trade to select shipping agents and haulage contractors
- Establish effective and safe storage and distribution systems.
- Establish optimum inventory holdings, control movement and stock rotation accurately.
- Ensure effective planning across manufacturing operations, concentrating on production capacity, customer demand and raw material availability; facilitate and manage monthly volume, headcount and overhead recovery handshake with Operations, HR and Finance.
- Develop strategies to improve operational efficiency, work towards continuous improvement to deliver on OpEx commitments.
- The successful candidate will be degree accredited with a qualification in Supply Chain. (APICS is desirable. Lean/Six Sigma certification or training would be advantageous.
- Significant management experience required in a highly regulated Supply Chain/Manufacturing environment encompassing all disciplines including procurement, purchasing, planning, logistics and warehousing.
- Exceptional people management experience coupled with proven ability to drive the supply chain strategy within an organisation aligned with the overall goals and objectives of a business.
- Effective financial and project management skills, highly developed communication, negotiation and influencing skills and proven expertise in championing and driving change and transformation within a business.
- This is an exceptional opportunity which provides significant runway for long term career growth within a Global Organisation. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
For further information and confidential discussion on this Supply Chain Manager role in the Midlands please contact Helga Reeves on 086 1278837 or email email@example.com Do check out all open opportunities on the Eden Recruitment website
Please Note: Eden Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior consent